Inflammation is a protective mechanism of the body. It can look like swelling, redness, pain, or something like weight gain. Inflammation can be acute or chronic. An acute inflammation example may be a sprained ankle. When systemic inflammation isn't resolved it becomes chronic and may result in autoimmune disorders or gastrointestinal distress.
What can we do to decrease inflammation in our bodies?
1. Address your diet. Are you eating adequate veggies, fruits, and healthy protein?
2. Address your gut health. Leaky gut has been in the news for years now. Leaky gut results in chronic systemic inflammation.
3. Get adequate exercise. Walking just 30 minutes a day will help decrease stress, strengthen muscles, and promotes blood flow.
4. Sleep. Sleep detoxifies your body and allows for growth and repair of tissues.
5. Supplementation. Some supplements assist in blocking and resolving inflammation.
This information is for informational and educational purposes only. All viewers, especially those taking prescriptions or self-supplementing should consult with a qualified health professional before any nutritional or supplementation regimen.